Crossover and kernal version...mismatch....?

I was wondering whether have a kernel mismatch would be my problem; i have the 2.6.11.6 kernel for Mandriva 2005 LE.

I can not seem to install corssover properly without problems:

I keep getting the following error:

Gdk-WARNING **: ARMSCII-8

Gdk-WARNING **: TIS620-0

Gdk-WARNING **: TCVN-5712

Gdk-WARNING **: GEORGIAN-PS

Gdk-WARNING **: MULELAO-1

install

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 19957 Segmentation fault "$cx

_root/bin/vfolder_menu" --productid $productid --menu $opt_rootonly --remove --l

ink "$link"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20013 Segmentation fault "$cx

_root/bin/vfolder_menu" --productid $productid --menu $opt_rootonly --remove --l

ink "$link"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20069 Segmentation fault "$cx

ink "$link"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20125 Segmentation fault "$cx

ink "$link"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20181 Segmentation fault "$cx

ink "$link"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20237 Segmentation fault "$cx

ink "$link"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20293 Segmentation fault "$cx

ink "$link"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20349 Segmentation fault "$cx

ink "$link"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20405 Segmentation fault "$cx

ink "$link"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20475 Segmentation fault "$cx

_root/bin/vfolder_menu" --productid $productid --menu $opt_rootonly $opt_localiz

e --createdir --link "$link" --name "$linkname" --descr "$descr" --icon "$icon"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20542 Segmentation fault "$cx_root/bin/vfolder_menu" --productid $productid --menu $opt_rootonly $opt_localize --createdir --link "$link" --name "$linkname" --descr "$descr" --icon "$icon"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20620 Segmentation fault "$cx_root/bin/vfolder_menu" --productid $productid --menu $opt_rootonly $opt_localize --link "$link" --name "$linkname" --descr "$descr" --icon "$icon" --path "$path" --args "$args" --workdir "$workdir"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20699 Segmentation fault "$cx_root/bin/vfolder_menu" --productid $productid --menu $opt_rootonly $opt_localize --link "$link" --name "$linkname" --descr "$descr" --icon "$icon" --path "$path" --args "$args" --workdir "$workdir"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20777 Segmentation fault "$cx_root/bin/vfolder_menu" --productid $productid --menu $opt_rootonly $opt_localize --link "$link" --name "$linkname" --descr "$descr" --icon "$icon" --path "$path" --args "$args" --workdir "$workdir"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20855 Segmentation fault "$cx_root/bin/vfolder_menu" --productid $productid --menu $opt_rootonly $opt_localize --link "$link" --name "$linkname" --descr "$descr" --icon "$icon" --path "$path" --args "$args" --workdir "$workdir"

/home/iverson/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 1033: 20933 Segmentation fault "$cx_root/bin/vfolder_menu" --productid $productid --menu $opt_rootonly $opt_localize --link "$link" --name "$linkname" --descr "$descr" --icon "$icon" --path "$path" --args "$args" --workdir "$workdir"

Edited by twn_onizuka

the crossover office (4.6.2 pro...from mem) is a .sh extension.

i use:

sh <filename>.sh

im sure my file works because my friend tried my copy to make sure it works; cause he brought his copy with mine at the same time. I guess there is something wrong with my setup

I don't know if I can help, but the first place I'd look is line 1033 of the <filename>.sh file. Read the file with kate and go to line #1033 and see what's happening at that point in the code. Looks to me like it's checking for a product id of some sort. Do you have a product key that you have to enter to install the program?

There is no 4.6.2 pro... last Crossover Office Professional version is 4.2

BTW it does not need any validation code inserted.

Where did you buy it from?

...and yes, check that line 1033 of the .sh script which causes all that trouble...

Edited by scarecrow

We already know that. However, this is not relevant since something triggered by the program script causes a segmentation fault at YOUR computer- do you really care what happens at his?

You don't have to count down to 1033, just open the script with kate and it will show you the actual line number...

First off, did you try running your <filename>.sh as root? You need root access to write to /opt which is what the script wants to do from what I can see.

Second, open the file with kate and hit the F11 key. That will put the line numbers on the right. Go down to line 1033 and copy that line along with the five lines above and below 1033 and post that here. Maybe someone will get a clue as to what's going on from that.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys...ive being busy as usual...ive tried running kate and going down to the line 1033, but it ends at 3xx ish...have i done something wrong...

this is frustrating...ive managed to get it to run on another old comp...however ehen my hard-drive died i had to reinstall it again it came up with the same messages...this is infuriating

Hi,

If I recall, the installer script contains not much script and a lot of binary/encoded contents. The 'line 1033' reference is probably to something that's decompressed on-the-fly out of the encoded section. Unless you can track what temp files are being created during the install attempt, I doubt you'll be able to debug this yourself.

Time to contact Codeweavers support methinks.

Hi guys i was wondering if using another hard-drive as the /usr or /usr/home, will affect the installation of my crossover office...as when i did a temp, / and /home installation it worked....because my hard-drive is only 6 gigs so i am stuggling for sapce, hence i have different hard-drive dstrubtion of my partitions

Any media you can mount in your system, should be accessible through the Crossover environment, if that's what you mean.

AFAIK the Crossover binaries and libs will be installed in /usr/bin and /usr/lib unless you install it just for your user. The fake_windows directory (Crossover C: drive) for your user will be under your home directory though.