Will you buy Oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV)

Darkelve

Will you buy Oblivion if there is (not) a Linux version?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Oblivion if there is (not) a Linux version?

• I will only buy it if there is a native Linux version
    • I will only buy it if it works with Cedega or with 'regular' Wine
    • It doesn't matter how I run it, if I can play it under Linux
    • I will buy the Windows version even if there's a Linux version
    • I'm not going to buy it either way

I only buy native games, unles I REALLY want to play something or it gets given to me.

Like Half Life 2, I really wanted to play so I use Cedega and KOTOR2 was given to me to review.

This game looks good, I might buy it if they port it, if they don't it'll have to be REALLY good :P

I will definately buy it, even if i have to play it on windows. I only hope that the engine doesn't suck as bad as the morrowind one for freezing while loading zones every 2 seconds.

I've never played this series of games, I don't have a huge interest in them at this point.

That being said, if it's ported to Linux, I will buy it, simply to support them and show that Linux users will buy this stuff :P

• 5 months later...

Regardless of how it is released I'll buy it. If the system requirements on the box require a human heart I will murder a drifter and stuff his throbbing meat pump through the empty floppy bay drawer in order that I am able to play this game. :woops:

If you haven't played any of the previous numbers in the series before drop some cash on morrowind, it's pretty cheap now and is considered (not just by me) a benchmark for what a game should be: Epic, Fun, exciting, occassionally thought provoking or funny and likely to last you a year or more before it gets boring.

• 6 months later...
Guest crispytwo

I will only buy if it works on Linux.

I haven't used other OS's in years and that is the only criteria for games for me. Runs on Linux? I buy.

Runs only on something else... must be crappy. i.e. if it can't get here it probably isn't worth it.

I don't buy or play many games, but I'd only buy native games anyway. I got sick and tried trying to get CoD working under wine/cedega and don't want to be forced to use Windows *just* to play a game.

Native all the way for any future games for me, oh, and my boy when he's old enough :P

Been 5 months since I used wine or cedega (still uses dosbox for the great games of the past). So no I won't buy. I have alot of fun with the few linux native games at the moment (both GPL and commercial).

The only one I might concider to buy if it's non-linux it NWN2 and that's it. And it shouldn't be surprised that we'll see some short time after a wine loki installer for it as NWN is very populare on Linux machines.

New monkey, Ian?

Edited by Artificial Intelligence

The only one I might concider to buy if it's non-linux it NWN2 and that's it. And it shouldn't be surprised that we'll see some short time after a wine loki installer for it as NWN is very populare on Linux machines.

Unfortunately NWN2 is only going to be released using directx - no OpenGL - so the only option to run it under Linux will be cedega or trying to hack wine to run it.

Unfortunately NWN2 is only going to be released using directx - no OpenGL - so the only option to run it under Linux will be cedega or trying to hack wine to run it.

Aye, I know :) . That's why I said a wine loki installer like the one you can get also for Morrowind and a couple of other games :)

When was that decided?

They were already hinting at it last year, not sure when the final decision was made.

Have you guys checked out Swiftshader?

It's a DirectX compatible API that Transgaming are working on - and possibly the answer to all our linux-gaming dreams...