Installing btsco

tev

Hi,

I'm trying to connect Jabra BT 200 headset with my computer. I built and installed everything without any problems or errors following the instructions in Bluetooth-alsa. Problem is that I can't load the module:

root: # modprobe snd-bt-sco

FATAL: Module snd-bt-sco not found.

I suppose the module is somewhere??

I'm running Mandriva 2005 LE with kernel 2.6.11-12mdk

Any hints?

BR,

Timo

Open a console, login as root and type: depmod -ae (that commant tells the kernel there is a new module.). After that do modprobe snd-bt-sco

Still same error :(

[root@amd]# su

[root@amd]# depmod -ae

[root@amd]# modprobe snd_bt_sco

FATAL: Module snd_bt_sco not found.

[root@amd]#

edit: modprobe snd_bt_sco, not snd-bt-sco (anyway, result is same)

Edited by tev

• 4 months later...

tev, I have been playing with this problem for a good long time now. If you haven't managed to solve it maybe my experiences could help.

I go as far as you and got stuck naot being able to install the module permenantly, what I eventually did is add the following to my modprobe.conf

Changed from

install snd-via82xx /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install snd-via82xx && { /sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss; /bin/true; }

Changed to

install snd-via82xx /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install snd-via82xx && { /sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss; /bin/ttrue; } && { /sbin/modprobe snd-bt-sco; /bin/true; }

Although your modprobe.conf may differ from mine, you should have someting like it there.

:banana:

Edited by SilverSurfer60

• 1 month later...
Open a console, login as root and type: depmod -ae (that commant tells the kernel there is a new module.). After that do modprobe snd-bt-sco

Still same error :(

[root@amd]# su

[root@amd]# depmod -ae

[root@amd]# modprobe snd_bt_sco

[root@amd]#

edit: modprobe snd_bt_sco, not snd-bt-sco (anyway, result is same)

I got the same problem here, Im using Jabra 250... I already follow the steps mentioned in that Official ALSA Bluetooth site ... kernel module for snd_bt_sco not created successfully ..

then I do some "dmesg" ,, I've found this messege

snd_bt_sco: Unknown symbol snd_hwdep_new

usbcore: registered new driver dabusb

drivers/usb/media/dabusb.c: v1.54:DAB-USB Interface Driver for Linux ©1999

snd_bt_sco: Unknown symbol snd_hwdep_new

I go back to look up the Installation Step No. 4

It said :

For SCO (two-way voice quality audio) you need a kernel with the emu10k1 driver selected (this is one of the drivers that forces the inclusion of the implementation of "snd_hwdep_new").

seems like this "snd_bt_sco" need snd_hwdep_new module

I guess we need a lil patch to ALSA module to build snd_hwdep_new before snd_bt_sco can be created.

Any ALSA Hacker could fix this problem in the next ALSA version ??

For SCO (two-way voice quality audio) you need a kernel with the emu10k1 driver selected (this is one of the drivers that forces the inclusion of the implementation of "snd_hwdep_new").

Forgot to mention this in my reply earlier. It is a bit of a pain, but if you select this driver for your sound card and do the modprobe along with the modprobe.conf bit you should find that you can indeed load the module. Once everything is installed you can select the correct driver for your sound card. It really does work. I have just recently re-installed the whole thing and I am using BTSCO and Skype.

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone and thank you all in advance,

I am using kernell 2.6.18 and I compile it whith emu10k1 and emu10k1X as modules (It is not possible to compile them as in-buil)Then I do depmod -ae. But still I get the same error:

/sbin/modprobe snd_bt_sco

I use a TravelMate C110 (TabletPC)

Why do I still don't have the module. I have

/lib/modules/2.6.18/kernel/sound/pci/emu10k1/snd-emu10k1.ko

What *.ko file do I have to see?

Where is snd_bt_sco????

Thank you,