ndsiwrapper mandrake 10.2

Guest desertViking

Guest desertViking

Hi,

I have installed 10.2. There is a Netgear wg311 PCI card in the system. I have used the GUI to try to load and configure the driver with ndiswrapper. It *appears* to load OK. However when I go to wireless connection, there is no status shown of any IP. When I go to reconfigure network interface, only the hardwired connections are present.

This is true even after restarting the computer.

Any advice? Should I unload the driver and load with NDISWRAPPER by hand? Any other words of wisdom?

Kind regads,

desertViking

When I set up my wireless connection, I had to first set it up using the terminal , then i had to do it again with the GUI, so it may be worth setting it up with the the terminal first, then doing it with the GUI. Also make sure you type "ndiswrapper -m" in the terminal when you have got it working so that it boots on start up.

Hope that helps.

Guest desertViking

Thx for the reply, Edd. I'll give that a shot. I have tried this on other distros and found the interface on KDE encouraging. As yet, I've not got this working but it's partly an issue of experience.

Will let you know how this comes out.

desertViking