Not Crazy about Lindows, but this is COOL!

Yuyo

That's because it's configurable. it starts at 329. the base specs can be found here. http://www.idot.com/TheStore/Desktop/770Sp...=770&Cate.id=19

Also a question about the topic "Not Crazy about Lindows, but this is COOL!" If you're not crazy about windows then why were you on the website. If you like the distro just say so, it's not wrong just because it's the popular opinion. I personally, hate Lindows on purely philosophical grounds. I've never used and this hate is pretty much unfounded, but hey, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. If someone .gave me a copy of lindows I'd use it and maybe even like it (I'm sure there must be some way to set up an unpriveledged user account). i'm just saying that don't say you don't like something just because it's fashionable to say so. Do so because you have valid (in your mind) plausible, bigotted reasons for doing so. Ok, I'm finished ranting now. BTW I hate Microsoft but I love Bill Gates. :twisted: How can you not admire such a ruthless businessman, shitty, bug and spyware ridden (but easy and enjoyable to use) software or no.

That's because it's configurable. it starts at 329. the base specs can be found here. http://www.idot.com/TheStore/Desktop/770Sp...=770&Cate.id=19

Also a question about the topic "Not Crazy about Lindows, but this is COOL!" If you're not crazy about windows then why were you on the website. If you like the distro just say so, it's not wrong just because it's the popular opinion. I personally, hate Lindows on purely philosophical grounds. I've never used and this hate is pretty much unfounded, but hey, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. If someone .gave me a copy of lindows I'd use it and maybe even like it (I'm sure there must be some way to set up an unpriveledged user account). i'm just saying that don't say you don't like something just because it's fashionable to say so. Do so because you have valid (in your mind) plausible, bigotted reasons for doing so. Ok, I'm finished ranting now. BTW I hate Microsoft but I love Bill Gates.  :twisted: How can you not admire such a ruthless businessman, shitty, bug and spyware ridden (but easy and enjoyable to use) software or no.

Wow, calm down!

Breath a little. Ok, now.

I have never used Lindows. Debian, Mandrake and Red Hat are the only distros that I have tried and know.

What is cool about the above pc? It gets around the "legal" issues of playing dvds by having the playaback code in eprom that boots instantly. This is a first in the Linux world.

If I were giving my father a computer, this would be great. Look you don't have to wait for it to boot to play music or DVDs.

Since the DVD playback, as I understand is in the eprom, you should be able to replace Lindows with whatever distribution tickles your fancy and retain playback functionality.

My old grandpa once told me to not jump to conclusions easily. Good advice that was. I'll pass it on to you for free, so you can share it with others. You may even modify it, but if you improve on it, be sure to let those you care about know.

Take care