Change fonts in Evolution

coverup

Hi,

I was trying different fonts for displaying emails in Evolution, including trying to ajust pixel-subhinting in gnome-control-center. After a few trials, Evolution stopped reacting on the change in settings. I tried to restart Xserver, and even reboot, nothing helps. Where does evo keep font (and other) settings, I might need to fix it manually.

By the way, it's Evo 2 under MDK10.1 and KDE

Thanks

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

/home/username/.evolution/mail/config/gtkrc-mail-fonts

Thanks, the settings in this file are alright, but the evo does not give a damn about them... Precisely, there are two font settings under Mail preferences

Standard font - currently set to Arial 12

Terminal font - currently set to Monospace 12

As soon as I change the size of the standard font to 10, the terminal font also changes to a smaller size, and there seem to be no way to fix this, unless I go back to standrad font size 12. The box "Use the same fonts as other applications" is clear, so gnome settings should not interfere with evo settings...

Is anybody aware of this problem?

i tried to recreate it on my boxes but - nope - it works flawless on my boxes. try setting up a new account and test if this happens there, too. if not, you know that it is due to some config files you messed up in your old account.

Tried this on a test account, the same story... Upon further investigation, I noticed that even when the box "Use the same fonts as other applications" is checked, evo does not give a damn about size of the Terminal font. Say, I was changing the size in gnome-control-center, and the settings had no effect. I can only blame this on updates. I think, I have first noticed that nuissance after I installed updates. Currently, I have evolution-2.0.3-1.3.101mdk installed, which version do you have?

On a similar issue, how can I change that terrible pink color which color-blind evo developers decided to use for calendar appointments?