RPM signature problems?

Guest B3Nji

Guest B3Nji

Ok i have been posting for help alot on this great forum so bare with me.

I have been looking around and found that most of my problems are I dont have all of the correct packages installed. So I went into the control panel and install packages, but in the install it says it cant read the signature :wall: ? Heres what i get.

UnreadSignature.gif

UnreadSignature1.gif

is there a way for me to redownload them or something?

no no dont tell me , i need a install package to install em right :joker: :P

cheers for the help once more :thanks:

when installing software and updating your system, you should do this preferrably by using easyurpmi. this saves you the well known problem that exists with dvds and it gives you access to the latest versions of the apps you need, including patches and bugfixes. once you have set up the mirrors, type "urpmi <packagename>" as root and you are done.

Ok i have been posting for help alot on this great forum so bare with me.
we are here for helping everyone. so if you have questions, don't be shy and post them, even if you think they are ridiculous. others will have the same questions as you, i bet. :)

Guest B3Nji

Great man, only one problem... it keeps saying addmedia command not recognised when i go to input that information the tool creates in root.

nothing is ever simple for me :angry:

EDIT

egnor this, gone into the console in the control panel, seems to be downloading OK. cheers for the help.

open a terminal (small black monitor), then log in as root (type su, followed by the root password). now enter one by one the information easyurpmi gives you, e.g.

urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.u-strasbg.fr/pub/linux/distribu...6/media/contrib with media_info/hdlist.cz

and press enter. it should set up the mirror by downloading the hdlist information. if it complains about already installed mirrors, remove the mirrors from your repositories before adding the new ones. this one is the command you need for that: urpmi.removemedia -a

here is a good howto:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=17480

good luck :)

edit: added "removing urpmi mirror" command

I've had this before, and had to reinitialise urpmi. This was done by:

urpmi.removemedia -a

and then I used easyurpmi to add all the sources again for main, contrib, jpackage, plf-free, plf-nonfree, updates.