2005LE, D-Link DWL-G510, MADWiFi and ndiswrapper

jbuckley2004

I'm about to do a fresh install of 2005 LE for the first time. Also, since my last wireless PCI adapter just bit the dust, I'm about to try the D-Link DWL G510 v. B1 card with the Atheros chip set. So far in my reading, I've seen claims that this card works (in other versions of Mandy) both with ndiswrapper and with the MADWifi driver (and I've located recent versions of both).

But I'm unable to find, in advance of installing, some details. Can anyone tell me if 2005 LE works with this card 'out of the box'? It seems possible *if* the version of MADWiFi is fairly recent. And can anyone tell me please what version of ndiswrapper comes with the 3-CD download version of 2005LE?

Can anyone tell me if either the ndiswrapper-method or the MADWiFi driver is easier, better, or preferred?

And a question that I'm sure is purely out of ignorance: I see references all over the place to the device ath0 when I read up on MADWiFi, as oppoosed to, or instead of, wlan0. Huh? I'm guessing that this has something to do with the laptop cards that use the MADWiFi drivers. Is this correct or am I about to get another lesson in humility when I try to get this card working?

Thanks!

J