Camera Trouble [solved]

raysr

Using Mandriva 2005 LE and a Canon A400 Powershot. Camera detected ok, image comes in ok but it won't download the image. I'm new to the camera process. Hope someone knows an easy fix. Thanks in advance. Footnote: Xandros has no trouble downloading.

if you are seeing the pictures in a filebrowser, try to drag and drop a picture to your desktop in order to see if there really is a bigger problem.

for downloading your pictures i recommend programs like gthumb. it has an automatic photo-import/download option.

I've been clicking on the download button but it hasn't worked.

However it finally did work and gthumb worked too after some messing with it. Seems like they have trouble seeing the camera. My camera cord though new may have some problem.

Mandriva is real fussy about the usb ports.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm using Digikam and am seeing an image.  When I try to drag it out it won't stick anywhere.
i said try to drag & drop "in a filebrowser", not in digicam. ;)

ps: i will mark the topic as solved for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same trouble again. I never did get what a "filebrowser" was. I've tried "FLPhoto" also and it almost works, but won't complete the image download. Digikam, 90% of the time won't recognize the camera, and when it does I get "Failed to retrieve file IMF_xxxx.JPG".

I also get a "question" asking "There are photographs on this device. Would you like to import these photographs into your photo album?" Cancel-Import. If I click "import" Konquerer launches with the heading "camera:/-Konquerer. The location is "camera:/. The folder is "Canon Powershot A400". If I click on the folder I get Location camera://CanonPowershotA400@[usb:]/. Then I get the error: "Error-Konquerer Could not read file /."

So, I don't know how many things I have going on here. But Mandriva seems very touchy about what usb port the camera is plugged into.