How many linux games do you own?

Artificial Intelligence

How many commercial linux games do you own?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How many commercial linux games do you own?

• I'm only playing games through emulators.
    • Only playing freeware/Open Source games.
    • 1-3 games.
    • 4-8 games.
    • more than 8 games.

Hmmm i have commercial games that have linux binaries released

UT

UT2003

UT2004

Tactical ops

Q3A

Q3TA -loki version

Doom3

myth2 -loki

heavy gear2 -loki

Civ alpha cent -loki

NWN and its 2 expansions.

probably a few more i can't think of.

I don't think you can really count medal of honor series and serious sam 1 & 2, i have those as well.

You should have the option for " None ". Anyhow looks like I'm not going to be gaming on Linux. I seriously don't want to pay money to play games that I WANT. I could just buy windows or get it for free and play any game I want.

Until Linux has a good improvement on gaming, i seriously won't be doing any gaming on it. I'll try out the Linux Clients if the game has it. Other than that, I doubt it.

Bah. I hear a lot of people underestimating Linux gaming in here. Check it out:

Native games I own:

Quake 3 Arena

Unreal Tournament

Unreal Tournament 2004

Neverwinter Nights + first expansion (I bought the gold box)

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Doom 3

Postal 2

Games I play with Cedega (this emulator so rocks right now):

Half Life 2

Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic 2

Warcraft 3

Dungeon Keeper 2

I own a ton of others that work with Cedega, that's just what I'm playing at the mo, when I find time. Half Life 2 is what I play the most, but since I only get to game for around three hours a week, I'll probably be playing it for another year.

I haven't come accross a Windows game made in the last few years that doesn't work. I have but one tip: turf Point2Play - it ain't cool. Use the command line.

Oh - and 2.6 vanilla kernels are the business for any wine-based gaming, IMO.

You should have the option for " None ".  Anyhow looks like I'm not going to be gaming on Linux.  I seriously don't want to pay money to play games that I WANT.  I could just buy windows or get it for free and play any game I want.

Until Linux has a good improvement on gaming, i seriously won't be doing any gaming on it.  I'll try out the Linux Clients if the game has it.  Other than that, I doubt it.

They vote system is limited to 5 option. Fill out a complain formal and send it to Anon :P :D

There's some good linux games out there, but again it's all about taste. I myself like Strategy games and RPG and so far there's some good games in that genres.

A good one is 'Dominions 2', there's also Dominions 1 but I havn't tried. The 2 swedish men company 'Illwinter' is making Dominions 3 at the moment, so I can't complain :cheesy:

There's also a good chance that NWN 2 will come to Linux as native. Bioware is ready making it, they just need clearance from Atari.

Though I rarely play Shooter games I know there's some good games out there for Linux in high quality. Mainly they are build for multiplayer and not single player.

About Cedega: Most of my games works with it :afro: ...some of the games just need a minor tweak if they are messing up. But most case they work out of the box. Even better, with the new cedega 4.4 I got 'Wizardry 8' to work :banana:

Games I've on my Linux OS with help from Cedega at this moment:

American McGee's Alice

Space Colony

Star Craft

UFO: Aftermath

Warcraft 3

Wizardry 8

World of Warcraft

Master of Orion 3

Homeworld 2

Native linux Games (commercial):

Dominions 2

Roit Ball

Share of Pain

NWN gold box

Savage

Devil Whiskey

Tribal Trouble

.:=The AI Dude=:.

• 2 weeks later...
Yet ragnarok online has been out for like 6 years and still doesn't work in cedega. heh and it's still one of the most popular games.

Exaclty - it is 6 years old. Games that came out before Cedega are hard to get supported. Have you tried? Have you subscribed and setup a request for support?

I messed up in voting, I forgot Heavy Metal Fakk, so I have 4 games:

- Heavy Metal Fakk

- Unreal Tournament

- Unreal Tournament 2004

- DOOM 3

I will admit that I didn;t buy any of those specifically for Linux, I bought them to play on Windows and occasionally play them on linux

What I do play on linux are a few free games, like NeverBall, Chromium, ...

I used to play some MAME games under linux but I now have a dedicated MAME cabinet (which run under winodws because I play other games than MAME ones on the cabinet and they don;t run in linux)...

I mostly game under windows though. I used to run a dedicated UT2004 server under linux and sometimes run a teamspeak server.

I messed up in voting, I forgot Heavy Metal Fakk, so I have 4 games:

- Heavy Metal Fakk

- Unreal Tournament

- Unreal Tournament 2004

- DOOM 3

I will admit that I didn;t buy any of those specifically for Linux, I bought them to play on Windows and occasionally play them on linux

How do you play the Windows version of Heavy Metal FAKK2 natively in Linux? I though the Linux version was a seperate entity?