Desktop icons don't line up automatically [solved]

smileychgo

Hey guys - Is there an option to automatically sort the icons vertically on the desktop without constantly having to right click, then choose sort icons vertically?

Also, I have my screen saver set to activate in 5 minutes. After about another 10 min or so, the monitor goes blank. In another one of my post someone told me to disable power management in the Power Control of KDE, which I did but the monitor still comes on. Any additional suggestions for this?

Thanks again for all the help.

Smiley

After about another 10 min or so, the monitor goes blank. ... Any additional suggestions for this?

Some BIOSes have power management options too (I know mine does). Have a look at your BIOS settings to see if that might be it.

I think it would actually help you if you spent a little time going through the KDE Control Centre and seeing what it does. It is not complicated and both of your queries answers could have been easily solved there. After all that is what the KDE Control Centre was set up for.

Go to KCC ------> Look & Feel -------> Behavior -------> File Icons and put a tick in Automatically line up icons

As an alternative, you can right click on a desktop and select Icons and make a choice from the three alternatives offered. 1. Line up horizontally. 2. Line up vertically. 3. Align to grid.

With choice 3. you can arrange the icons as you prefer then align to grid to keep them there.

With your screensaver and screen query, again go to KCC -------> Power Control and put a tick in Enable Display Power Management and then set the three sliders to your own choosing. They are self explanatory.

Cheers. John.

I think it would actually help you if you spent a little time going through the KDE Control Centre and seeing what it does.  It is not complicated and both of your queries answers could have been easily solved there. After all that is what the KDE Control Centre was set up for.

Go to KCC ------> Look & Feel -------> Behavior -------> File Icons and put a tick in Automatically line up icons

As an alternative, you can right click on a desktop and select Icons and make a choice from the three alternatives offered. 1. Line up horizontally.    2. Line up vertically.  3. Align to grid.

With choice 3. you can arrange the icons as you prefer then align to grid to keep them there.

With your screensaver and screen query, again go to KCC -------> Power Control and put a tick in Enable Display Power Management and then set the three sliders to your own choosing. They are self explanatory.

Cheers.                                John.

Hey John,

Thanks for your reply but I had already figured it out.

Regards,

Smiley