Comments about my soon to be computer

Jet2k5

Qchem is that dual-channeling? When you have 2 sticks of ram? I also thought it might be a tad bit faster, but I don't want to take up slots. It's 4GB max, so I could always just order 1GB and get another later.

BTW This is what I'm ordering for now, because I have no patience. I'm going to be getting some other stuff in about 2 weeks. Maybe get another stick of ram since I can update it.

Hey Lowe. I was wondering: what series/game does your cute avatar come from?

(sorry for the OT...)

Ram is a lot more useful than the cpu, in my opinion. When i went from 256 > 1GB what a huge difference that made, but it still feels lacking i could use another GB of ram. ;)

Edited by Darkelve

Well, once again my mother messes up my plans. I was counting on her to give me $250.00 dollars, she said that if i can raise the money she would do so. I was expecting the money by the end of next week, but now I have to wait until the end of this month.

So I still have not ordered the CPU, RAM, MOBO, and the Video Card. Should I return all the other stuff, or just focus now on putting all the money that I get from here to the 1st of next month. All that money will go towards the 4 things that I have not received yet. Anybody think that is a good deal?

Well I got some stuff that price never changes ... so that's good :). I'll be able to have the screen for quite sometime :) So I can actually start using the next resolution from 1024x768

Heck if I have the money I'll get a better video card :)

Edit *

Hey does anyone know what is better? Having the FSB intergrated into the CPU or having it out? LIke when I go to look at some CPU's it's says Intergrated FSB, or 1GHz FSB. The intergrated is faster or what is the deal? What's better?

Edited by Jet2k5

Qchem is that dual-channeling?  When you have 2 sticks of ram?  I also thought it might be a tad bit faster, but I don't want to take up slots.  It's 4GB max, so I could always just order 1GB and get another later.

Thats right - sounds like a good plan to buy another 1GB later.

Hey does anyone know what is better?  Having the FSB intergrated into the CPU or having it out?  LIke when I go to look at some CPU's it's says Intergrated FSB, or 1GHz  FSB.  The intergrated is faster or what is the deal?  What's better?

I'm not sure what they can mean by having an integrated FSB, the FSB connects the CPU to the RAM (and other controllers) so it should really be a combination of the CPU and motherboard. AFAIK the 64-bit AMD's have an on-die mem controller so they may be refering to this - and it's a very good thing.

Generally, the quicker the FSB the better (the CPU can pull data out of RAM quicker) - just make sure that your motherboard supports the same FSB as your CPU (99% certain that it will).

Yeah it supports 1000Mts or something like that, so I'm taking that is one GHz. Since i have to save up to the first of the month I get to upgrade a few things :)

1GB RAM

Same Mobo

eVGA GeForce 6800GT 256 PCI-e

AMD64 3500+ Venice core 1GHz FSB

I was going to get another Gig of ram, which I think I might. Because most of this stuff has like $50.00 worth of mail-in rebate. I wanted to save some money for games, but I think that should do it. 2GB of RAM, yummm

Edited by Jet2k5

Athlon 64 doesn't really have FSB anymore. It's Hyper Transport now. The Venice Core can handle 1000 MHz Hyper Transport, compared to older Socket 754 stuffs whose HTT is only 800 MHz. Trust me, current A64s doesn't even fill the old 800 MHz HTT, much less 1000 MHz. The bigger HTT is only favorable if you are using multiple CPUs or Dual Core CPUs, even then it's not fully used up now.

Everything works except the frontside audiojacks.

Hi!

Had that same problem, but then I read my motherboardbook and there it was: three jumpers on the motherboard had to bee taken out to get the frontside audiojacks to work. Have you tried that?

-janet