URPMI not working for me [solved]

Guest Aphex_Twin

Guest Aphex_Twin

Well, after spending about 2 hours urpmi-ing for kdevelop, urpmi no longer seems to work.

it gives me this error when I try to run it:

Can't locate URPM.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/urpm.pm line 16.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/urpm.pm line 16.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/urpmi line 22.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/urpmi line 22.

:unsure:

I'm a total newbie :wall:

Edited by Aphex_Twin

Guest Aphex_Twin

I first used it to install gcc (command: "urpmi gcc") and everything went well, gcc was up and running.

Then I tried to get kdevelop ("urpmi kdevelop") and this needed a load of other packages (dependencies), about 150 of them, which took about 2 hours to download and install. Then I shut down the computer, upon reboot I was surprised to see I now had KDE 3.3 (Initially it was KDE 3.2) and urpmi didn't work anymore. Meaning the command "urpmi" or "urpmi something" gave the above error message :screwy:

It looks like you may have installed some packages from different sources. I would update urpmi from the servers. Try using MCC for this. If that fails, do an install but only update the packages. That should fix the borked urpmi.

Madriva Control Center (MCC)

Can't locate URPM.pm in @INC

This error means that the urpm.pm applet is missing and you need to install a package that contains it.

There have been a few other posts regarding this problem (https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtop...6554&hl=URPM.pm) and my guess would be that some defected update got pushed on some mirrors. Unfortunately there is no solution. You can try running the repair script from the tips and tricks forum but the only 'solution' that workedi was a reinstall.

Guest Aphex_Twin

Thank you.

One last thing. I reconfigured urpmi with

urpmi.removemedia -a

and added the necessary media from the easy urpmi interface.

Now the problem is that while I can download the right packages, I can no longer get packages from the Mandrake CDs. So how do I add back the Mandrake CD-ROMs on my list of urpmi mediums?

Put CD1 in the reader and do, as root:

urpmi.addmedia --distrib removeable://mnt/cdrom

or whatever is the mount point of your reader.

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=25781&hl=

With both a local and an ftp source configured for the main packages, I don't know if urpmi defaults to one or the other. You could remove or disable the ftp source for main in Menu > System > Configuration > Packaging > Software Media Manager or remove it with urpmi.removemedia main or use the --excludemedia switch with urpmi. Make sure of the name of the media you are removing if you use the commandline by doing urpmq --list-media

See

man urpmi

man urpmi.addmedia

man urpmq

man urpmi.removemedia

etc.