SWG + Linux?

Guest nickhall99

Guest nickhall99

Hi guys, new to the forums, and indeed new to Linux. So new that I haven't actually installed it yet...

I have a question. Will I be able to run Star Wars Galaxies on my Linux system?

I have been told that there are a few people out there who have managed to get it to work, but I have also been told that there is a greater chance of it not working, because it doesn't support Linux.

Rather then formatting my laptop, installing Linux, installing SWG, formatting the laptop again and installing Windows just to play my favourite game, I thought I would ask here first.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me that it will work, since SWG is my game of the moment, and is playing the deciding piece in whether to try out Linux or not. :unsure:

Thanks for any help.

Guest nickhall99

Without meaning to sound like a cheap-skate, won't this cost me the $5 monthly licence fee?

I guess that if I want to play the game I like so much, I won't have much of a choice, but I just want to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Dínchamion

I was able to run SWG on Mandriva, with Cedega 4.4, and with some minor problems (which actually made me install a Window$, just for this program), like I couldn't rotate the screen with the pointer, and character names didn't appear.

Give it a try, and see if you can play with it. (Personally I don't like mouselook and like to look around, so I'll use win until the problems solved)