WMA --> MP3 convertor [Solved]

Edd

I am looking for a Linux convertor to convert all my WMA's to MP3. I did find a script that did do it, but it renamed my fies like so:

01. State Of The Union was renamed to 01_state_of_the_union.mp3

So it wasn't exactly convenient when I have a lot of files to convert. Can anyone point me in the direction of a convertor that keeps file names the same etc?

Edited by Edd

• 2 weeks later...

Download the amarok script from here:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23653

Note the required packages. This thing is just a script that uses those various packages to do the actual conversion. Most of those packages you can get from plf.

If you have the required packages to do the conversion you want, the rest is easy. Open amarok and hit the "PL" button to bring up the playlist window. In that window go to Tools>Scripts and tick the "Install Script" button. Navigate to where your downloaded formatconverter script is and select that. The script will be installed and appear in the script window. Close the script windows and make a playlist of all the wma files you want to convert. When you run the formatconvert script everything on the playlist will be converted to a location that you select, with the original files being retained in their original format. You run the script by going to Tools>Scripts and selecting the formatconvert script then hit the "Run" button. Follow the on screen prompts to get what you want done.