It just... hangs up...

Guest wolf_walker

Guest wolf_walker

New with Mandrake 10, had 9.2 for a bit (and did not have this problem, go figure)

Got my trusty USR external 56k working, dials, the logs say it verifies and is authinticated fine, then it just.. hangs up. The log even says so, no error, no code, just "modem hangs up" or "modem disconect", something like that. I've turned off firewals, checked security settings, configuration is right, done it over and over, ISP works fine otherwise, used it with couple other distro's, now just nothing. I can post the logs if this does not ring any bells, but there's not much to them as far as I can tell..

:help:

ps: my AWE64 works though. :mr-green:

when i was on dial-up (looooong time ago), i also experienced such things but they were due to the server of my isp that couldn't handle the massive amount of traffic that flooded him at certain times of the day. so check e.g. during nighttime if you really cannot connect. if this is so, i guess you should contact your isp.