Show off your desktop (July 05)

iphitus

you need more than 'File' 'Edit' 'View' etc...to know where the menubar is? :huh:

what metacity theme are you using? This is not somethng that can be changed with an option. You'll have to edit the theme or use another

No I just like the separation between the title bar and the menu bar. I really wish ALL bars were just on one single bar.

I do like the ish-smooth and ish-clearlooks, though :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the ish-smooth and ish-clearlooks, though  :D

for clearlooks you have a few quick controls

engine "clearlooks"
  {
   menubarstyle      	= 2       # 0 = flat, 1 = sunken, 2 = flat gradient
   menuitemstyle      = 1       # 0 = flat, 1 = 3d-ish (gradient), 2 = 3d-ish (button)
   listviewitemstyle  = 1       # 0 = flat, 1 = 3d-ish (gradient)
   progressbarstyle  	= 0       # 0 = candy bar, 1 = flat
 }
}

for ish, open the gtk-2.0/gtkrc and change

menubarstyle      	= 2       # 0 = flat, 1 = sunken, 2 = flat gradient

to 0 or 1, and that'll give you more what you want...I think :D

bvc, I got 26678-ish.tar.gz from Gnome-looks.org. I extracted the file to ~/.themes; but they still don't show up. I restarted my laptop thinking maybe gnome needed to be restarted for them to show up; but still they do not show up in the System-Configuration-gnome-themes appelet. I tried dragging the tar to install it; but to no avail either. What am I doing wrong here? The folders for each of the themes is in the ~/.themes directory.

WoMBaT

i don't know :unsure:

if the folders and the contents of the folders are in .themes then it should work

delete all ish* directories and try this one

http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/theme/gtk/ish.tar.gz

I'll also re-upload at gnome-look incase anything funny is happening....with 100 downloads I'd think someone else would have said something by now though.

with 100 downloads I'd think someone else would have said something by now though.

i checked the theme on various systems and it works well with fedora, ubuntu, mandriva, yoper and slackware.

btw.: great work. aqua and orange are my favs. :)

i don't know :unsure:

if the folders and the contents of the folders are in .themes then it should work

delete all ish* directories and try this one

http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/theme/gtk/ish.tar.gz

I'll also re-upload at gnome-look incase anything funny is happening....with 100 downloads I'd think someone else would have said something by now though.

Well,

It is definitely something with my computer. I downloaded the new one and extracted it to the ./themes directory and still nothing. I must not have something right. I will be honest, I don't even know what the clearlooks / metacity stuff is about. I don't know which is loaded or how to find out. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did download a ASH theme and it worked fine. I am using it now. How could I check to find out what is not right with my themes?

WoMBaT