Show off your desktop (July 05)

iphitus

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that is not a 'dark' theme, for one.....but yes, I could choose a color and tone it down. But then you have to have something to match and go with it. All you have to do is change the color in lines 27, and optionally lines 98 and 99 for the menuitem. This way it's more neutral, which is another reason so much of my stuff is graybased. It allows the user to use it with other things and still look ok. Maybe I'll release it with several colors to go with some popular dark themes etc..?

Edited by bvc

Well, that is not a 'dark' theme, for one.....but yes, I could choose a color and tone it down. But then you have to have something to match and go with it. All you have to do is change the color in lines 27, and optionally lines 98 and 99 for the menuitem. This way it's more neutral, which is another reason so much of my stuff is graybased. It allows the user to use it with other things and still look ok. Maybe I'll choose some good popular stuff and release several colors?

It's fine, i'm just being fussy. You've done a good job on the theme, it's a lot more useable than most black themes.

thx! You'll notice the scrollbar is lighter than everything else. This is because the clearllooks engine only allows for one color to be chosen, at this time, and when any darker you can not see the scrollbutton/graber (even now it's tough at times)....hopefully they make it more flexible. I'm going to try a blk smooth engine theme as well. I've seen a screenshot (of a never found/released theme) so I know it can be more useable than clearlooks, but smooth themes take time to make....a lot of code on a dark theme.

Edited by bvc

bvc..that is one NICE looking desktop theme. :banana:

I like it, except for the window bars. One can't see where the title bar ends and the menu bar begins. Some may desire this, but I like a clear definition between the two. This is what I wish I knew how to change with mine. They are gray instead of black but same idea.

On a different note: What is that media player in your screenshot?

WoMBaT

Now, that's a cool and awesome theme!!! It totally match my Dell computer and my logitech mouse and keyboard. Black Style  :afro:

thx. but it's even better now that I started perfecting the metacity :cheesy:

bvc..that is one NICE looking desktop theme. :banana: 

I like it, except for the window bars.  One can't see where the title bar ends and the menu bar begins.  Some may desire this, but I like a clear definition between the two.  This is what I wish I knew how to change with mine.  They are gray instead of black but same idea.

On a different note:  What is that media player in your screenshot?

WoMBaT

you need more than 'File' 'Edit' 'View' etc...to know where the menubar is? :huh:

what metacity theme are you using? This is not somethng that can be changed with an option. You'll have to edit the theme or use another.

the media player is rhythmbox