Show off your desktop (July 05)

iphitus

But I don't understand. It says that those are for windows? How the hell did you get gnome running on windows/windows styles on gnome. They for some reason look better on your comp :P

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I just noticed is that the theme they are .icons. In bvc's theme picture they are .png so someone was messing around with the format ... bvc!

This would be sweet if he makes a theme for them. I would like to see it.

well, there's not enough icons to make a 'theme' so the package I made is a mix with CerberusDrives (found at guistyles) and Xi-Gnome mimetypes (on my site). Took all of 10 min with GIB. Click on an .ico and gthumb opens then Ctrl+A to select all then Tools>Convert to png. Imagine all the icon packs you'll have now :cheesy:

No

It took me 10 minutes...ok so I'm experienced but 20 or 30 minutes for someone w/o experience? Come on. The author probably spent weeks making the icons. Once you learn it, you'll love it! No more...."I don't have any icons to go with this" crap.

tips

-GIB constantly crashes so get Both versions

http://www.kernow-hosting.com/~bvc/theme/icons/gib/

- save constantly ...as soon as the theme is started, save the index.theme file to the desktop and regularly copy it over. GIB will delete its contents or even the file itself. I know how to write one but someone that doesn't will give up quickly if you do not constantly bkup the file.

I did however add a xmms/rhythmbox media panel to

TiSkin Classic. I'll be doing the same for Xi Albook/V2

It's not that I mind so much making and releasing. You have to ask for permission and deal will uploads and postings at gnome-look etc....and all to hear "(whinning) it's incomplete, are you going to make more? (whinning) " when you didn't make them at all and can't alter them...people can read I guess :rolleyes:

Didn't know it was that much of a pain in the ass to make a theme. I feel that a lot of icon themes are incomplete. Sometimes not having icons for everything I have :( Makes me mad. On the other hand thanks for the reply

:smash head:

Didn't know it was that much of a pain in the ass to make a theme.  I feel that a lot of icon themes are incomplete.  Sometimes not having icons for everything I have :(  Makes me mad.  On the other hand thanks for the reply

:smash head:

You didn't know it was that much of a pain to make a theme because you have now tried?

An icon theme on any other OS other than linux is 100 icons.....Linux? over 500 so, themes are not incomplete unless you compare it to the gnome icon theme which took $ to make ;)

ah...they're not so incompete now are they? Get what you pay for right? :lol2:

heh, people pay to have Icon Packager on windows and it's themes are only 100 icons. No one complains ;)

yeah I just don't like som of the icons that it assigns to my ipod nd xmms. But now I just look in other themes and make them custom. So that fixes it all :)

Chill out, I'm not a computer nerd. And i don't make themes every freaking month. I was giving you a damn compliment gosh. Need to take some " chill out energey drink.

btw, when you update a theme I have to re-download it and install it? And then what?

Edited by Jet2k5

I just re-dowloaded it and installed it again. On another note where can I find single cool icons? I've seen some awesome icon for my ipod but I can't tell where it was, or what theme it was. Do you know of a specific website?