slow mail download with Evolution/mdk10.1 [SOLVED]

BobC

Ever since I switched from mdk 10 to 10.1, I have noticed downloading mail with Evolution (Evolution 2.0.3) takes a very long time. Its hard to give an exact idea of the speed, but 25 emails could take 5 minutes to download.

I remember downloading mail being almost instantaneous with Evolution in mdk 10. Evolution was the standard version which came with mdk 10, Evolution 1.4 I think.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and if there is a way to speed things up.

I have a high speed internet connection and download of other files seems to go fast enough.

Thanks for your help

Edited by BobC

I also think that Evolution 2 is not a step forward like I wanted. In the office, I have two computers of similar specs. There is a P2-400 with Mandrake 10.1 (Evolution 2) and another is P2-350 with Mandrake 10 (Evolution 1.4). The P2-350 with Evolution 1.4 is snappier in receiving mail than the P2-400 with Evolution 2.0

evolution in 10.1 was slow. i had troed to find a workaround, but failed to find a good one. surprisingly, evolution was fast again when i upgraded to le2005, so i think that there was some kind of compilation error in evolution for 10.1.

You might check Evolution, under Settings>Options under the Junk tab.  If you have Filter Options Includes Remote Tests checked, this could possibly slow down your receiving email.

Zenarcher,

I looked at my settings under the "junk" menu as you suggested in Evolution 2.0.3. I found I had the box "check incoming mail for junk" checked off.

When I unchecked that box, it really made a big increase in the speed that my mail downloads. Mail downloads normally now.

Thanks for the help