Problems with kwebdesktop

metal1633

You should use a better topic title next time. Yves.

Well thats helpfull.

I am going to assume that because of the nature of the URL it is simple not possible. I base this on the errors I get.

He was being helpful because, as a moderator, it's one of his jobs to enable you to get help. Indeed, a better topic title would generate more interest in your question. You know, get interest from those who volunteer thier time to help you? Why not change the title, as suggested to you?

For example, "Can't make it work" as this post is titled can relate to anything, and some people won't read it because they feel that a brief piece of information should be given in the title that relates to the problem you're having.

What would be better is "Problems with kwebdesktop", and then sub-title of "can't get link to work". This would help people realise that they have an idea of what you're trying to do, before they have to read further into it with more detail in the post.

just set mine yesterday to a local radar view ( u know watching a rain storm ready to go camping )

from what i understand it works like this ..

you enter the width ie 800 you set the height ie 600 then you set the file name ie. radar.png

then you add the URL

in /configure/desktop/advanced/use following program/kwebdesktop.

kwebdesktop takes a snap shot of the webpage depending on the time refresh you pick

once thats entered you pick the radar.png as your background

you'll have to tweak it to size depending on what your page shows

the %x %y %F is where you add your numbers and file name removing (%x)

post-10346-1120301447_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well thats not working. As far as I can tell, parts of the URL are interpreted as shell commands producing errors. I get a blank screen. And if what you say is true then if it did work I would have a static image, refreshed at the specified interval.

I need the live radar. I can always just open it in a browser to see it but was hoping I could put the live radar in my desktop.