How can I upgrade KDE from club edition?

Phantom

I'm nearly done downloading the Special Club Edition with KDE 3.4, how could I upgrade my 2005LE edition with ONLY the KDE packages as I don't want to loose my urpmi sources, updates, etc.. who are not supported on the new version. :rolleyes:

Or should I used thac's rpms ? if yes, what is the best way to install then, as clean as possible without kde and then through urpmi install thac's rpms ?

Thanks for the help :beer:

In MCC, software, configuration uncheck all present repositories. Add the CDs and install kde. :)

I just read that some people have trouble installing stuff like Amarok.

Now I have more or less good experience with Thac's rpm's, they had a few minor instability bugs and they screwed up KDM, but that's not a problem, we have GDM.

So that is leaving me now with several options:

1. Install 2005LE Official and upgrade with KDE 3.4 Club rpms, but I would loose apps like Amarok but keep security updates.

2. Install CLUB 3.4 and loose apps + updates but have more chance of getting a stable system

3. Install 2005LE + Club 3.4 rpms and upgrade with Thac rpms to 3.4.1, maybe less stable but I would get apps + updates

What would you suggest.

All this with the goal off getting a KDE 3.4(.1) system and keep all goodies I paid for (Updates + URPMI sources).

:help::jester:

I just gave the club edition a spin for the fun of it :cheesy:

Funny, but I still got security updates comming in by adding my regular urpmi sources, mandriva did claim that there wouldn't be any updates :unsure:

As I needed to have amarok, and I didn't think about keeping this system, I thought why not try to upgrade to 3.4.1 with Thac's rpm's, well to my surprise this went perfect.

I'll keep it a few days running and we'll see, up till now everything looks nice B)

Thac, I did, that's why I use your RPMS ;)

It's a shame that things went they did on the Mandrake Club board because honestly I appreciate your work.

Thanks to you I have know a fully working Mandriva + KDE 3.4.1 + all the tools, simply perfect.