Apache, PHP, MySQL Trio

su_root

Does anyone know of a program that installs and monitors these things? I have been reading and reading for weeks and I just cannot figure this stuff out. Who knew that running a small webserver could be so hard?

If there are no GUI's, does anyone know of a nice tutorial site for these things? I've searched the net extensively, but nothing is well written. Why can't Linux be as simple as Windows? Someone help please!!!

:help:

As easy as windows? Have you ever installed windows on a server?? :lol:

OK. I would install my favorite server version of linux (pick one). Then I would install the other programs listed. Although it seems like php requires apache server to run and it has a very nice control panel/gui to work with as far as configuration.

Perhaps it would be easier to get started and ask questions as they arise. But I would start with something that gives me a package handler, like urpmi or such, to make it easier.

PHP has a nice control panel? Thank God.

I have Apache running on my computer but I have no idea how to configure it. The http://localhost works but I don't know how to replace that page with my own, or how to make sure other people can't search my entire computer for files.

Where are all the config files for Apache on my computer? Help please.

Create your page(s) with whatever web editor you want . Apache pulls the pages from /var/www/html.

Just replace the pages in there with yours. Make sure you rename your home (base) page to index.htm ....and thats about it...sry no help with the other items...

Thank you very much for that link. I hope I can get my site up and running soon. I'll provide a link so you guys hopefully can check to see if anything major is wrong.

Thanks again