Native quicktime in Linux!

illogic-al

When i do this

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gui --enable-gif --enable-png --enable-jpeg --enable-xv

i get the error

Error: the GUI requires GTK (which was not found)

i am sure that i have it installed. please help

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maddys_daddy

Got it working in Mozilla 1.2(tex) :D but not in Konqueror. I've done a plugin search through Konq, and Konq finds the plugin, but it won't work. Howdja do it? :?

THX!

Great work, I'm sure.

But damn! I'm "smarter" than 95 percent of computer users out there, I've been with Linux for over a year, I want NOTHING MORE than for Windows to go away in favor of Linux.

But Linux WILL NEVER GET MINDSHARE when you have to have an engineering degree to install a media player. Period.

Let me know when there's a "click the file and it installs" version. Or even a normal RPM or tarball install.

:roll:

• 3 weeks later...
Great work, I'm sure.

But damn!  I'm "smarter" than 95 percent of computer users out there, I've been with Linux for over a year, I want NOTHING MORE than for Windows to go away in favor of Linux.

But Linux WILL NEVER GET MINDSHARE when you have to have an engineering degree to install a media player.  Period.

Let me know when there's a "click the file and it installs" version.  Or even a normal RPM or tarball install.

Of course, the advantage to this is that the script kiddies will stay with Windows and away from Linux, if they think that they actually have to know something to let loose with their minor annoyances....

• 4 weeks later...
Great work, I'm sure.

But damn!  I'm "smarter" than 95 percent of computer users out there, I've been with Linux for over a year, I want NOTHING MORE than for Windows to go away in favor of Linux.

But Linux WILL NEVER GET MINDSHARE when you have to have an engineering degree to install a media player.  Period. 

Let me know when there's a "click the file and it installs" version.  Or even a normal RPM or tarball install. 

Get Crossover Plugin, use the Windows Quicktime. That way, you won't have to deal with it.

i see no point for this. first of all as far as i know crossover plugin doesn't even work with 9.1 because of glibc reasons and secondly crossover plugin isn't free. If you're talking about using it with that annoying banner that pops up every ten seconds that not a better alternative either.

Let's now combine that with the fact that wine apps are every bit as stable as their windows counterparts and we haev yet another vote over crossover. The fact that quicktime works way better now than it ever did on windows (for me) is even more reason to use mplayer and NOT crossover.

The fact that all this is now in rpm format now makes kramset's argues invalid (which is why i posted this, you out there still kramset :)) and your comments unneccesary. the mplayer plugin is miles ahead of crossover's AND it free. Didn't mean for this to sound like an attack on you but i'm just trying to discourage anyone out there who'd be incline to use substandard software when something better is being offered. That only leads to more of kramset's linux isn't ready for the desktop arguments and ... well i'll end my rant now.

fantastic - used the plf RPMs and it worked brilliantly (after changing my plf mirror - giggled.org always delivered corrupted files). Watched a film trailer in Galeon.

Now - two questions:

1) Is there any way to improve performance?

2) how do I get rid of that annoying timer display at the top?