installation and configuration guide

aRTee

Haven't had time to read them yet, but in IE6 on my work machine, the first link has the left-hand menu just to the right of centre, with a large blue panel to the left, and the text disappearing off to the right... but we do have a customised version of IE. :) The second link is similar.

I'm sure it's still worth reading, though. B)

Well, even if it doesn't show up correctly in IE it's not exactly a bad thing? Most people intrested in trying linux, will probably be using firefox anyway.

Oh and it looks good, maybe i'll show it to my sister and she can follow your guide. :D

Edited by Lowe

Guest Adriano1
Well, even if it doesn't show up correctly in IE it's not exactly a bad thing? Most people intrested in trying linux, will probably be using firefox anyway.

Oh and it looks good, maybe i'll show it to my sister and she can follow your guide.  :D

Isn't it better to stop assuming and start fixing that link? How many users on IE did he or can he lose because of those links?

Thanks for the feedback.

About the site not showing ok in IE - that it crashes is new to me, I just know that IE users have to scroll to the right to read the text....:

I'm willing to accept any help possible on this issue - the point is: I don't have IE, so I can't really debug. The issues are with the CSS stylesheet.

So don't bug me about it, send me working code for IE and I'll fix the site. :D

(After all, it's not like I didn't try, Adrianovaroli tried to help - see the topic elsewhere on this forum - and IE5 did render the page fine - so MS engineers managed to mess it up later...)

Oh, one rule applies: I will not break my code. It must be valid html and css. And of course the site must stay as it is for non-IE users.

Lastly: if people really turn away from Linux due to my site not presenting well on IE, I think fixing my site is not what will get them into Linux nirvana - they will bail out at the next turn (some installation problem, some non working periferal, not immediately finding a substitute for a certain program, etc)...

If you are not confronted with any hurdles Linux can be a breeze, easier than anything, but usually people do find themselves confronted with issues.... and then you have to really want it to get it and go through with it.

As for losing readers to my pages, I have no ads there and it doesn't cost me any money if less readers come there. With over 670.000 hits, I'd say it's all fine with me...

^ not a bad idea, On the other hand I'll take a look at the source later on , and I'll ask some of my mentors to help along with it. AHEM iphitus, illogic-al.

Anyhow IE doesn't have full support forr CSS anyways. So it's not ARtees fault in IE. Anyhow put some " Download Firefox " logos on the board, it might help people :)

Jet2k5, you're right on the issue being with MS IE.

Here's a plan - since I can't debug it due to not having IE at my disposal (yeah, I do have access to machines with IE at work - but there I don't have my development environment), I think I'm going to ask assistance from MS in this matter.

Let's see how good their support really is.

I'll keep you updated if ever I really do that... ;)