Automount Default values

Tymestream

Howdy,

Mandrake does a great job auto-detecting my removable hard disk. The only problem is that I cannot access it as user, root gets automatic ownership. Making a line in FSTAB does not work. If I try to mount the device as SDA the auto-detect feature will load it as SDB etc... My question is where does mandrake get the default values for the auto-mount feature. If I could change these (or turn it off all together) all would be peachy.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Tymestream

changing your fstab file should work by default. make sure you have the group "user" added to the entry of your usb-hdd.

you could also add your user to other groups in the mcc but it could mess up your system, so try with altering the fstab file first. and if needed, lock it and disable harddrake.

I've changed some values in, euh, sorry I forgot, it's a file that belongs to harddrake. I added value `umask=0000', and when I plugged flashdrive in, harddrake autodetect it and then adding appropriate entry in fstab and then mount it with umask=0000. All users can get all access.