BitTorrent unable to upload?

Dakota

I can download with BitTorrent fine, but I noticed there is hardly ever any bandwidth going up. I would like to seed Mandriva but I don't think its working. So far the max speed uploading is 1KB/s. I have port 6881-6889 on my router forwarded to my box and 6881-6889 opened in MCC firewall. Any ideas?

Dakota

Edited by Dakota

That is a NAT problem  most likely in your router . you may want to Port forward and shut off you router firewall (if you feel OK with that) once you do this you should be able to get Local and Remote connections.

Well, ports are forwarded but I am not willing to shut off the firewall. I am able to run other servers with the firewall enabled. Like I said I can download at very high speeds but can not upload.

Perhaps it's your ISP? Mine is limiting bittorrent traffic during peak hours so it's possible for them to control it. Try a windows/apple machine to see if it makes a difference. If not it is probably not you but something (ISP) else.

Yes, that is what I also think, Im going to set Bittorrent to use a very high port like 60010 and see if that works. My isp blocks a lot of ports, however 6881 did not appear to be blocked by my isp. I know that a lot of trojan ports like netbus and subseven are not closed by my isp but actaully appear open and intercepted. Strange?

That must be it then. I have tried everything I know of to get bittorrent to run. Although they do allow me 5 Mbps down which is amazing for 45 dollars a month so I really can not complain. I just sent them an email asking for a list of blocked ports, data and services. This should be interesting...

Edited by Dakota

My ISP claims they do not block bittorrent. Must be something else. Here is their reply.

"Suscom blocks an extensive ranges of ports for different allocations both udp and tcp, incoming and outgoing. What ports in particular are you concerned with? We do not block bittorrent, but if you are using your Sucom connection for filesharing, copyrighted or otherwise you run the risk of disconnection and potential legal action.

Thank you.

Suscom Technical Support"