Limewire RPMs Broken? [solved]

cmus

Hi,

On 2005 LE, I have installed the 2 RPMs j2re-1.5.03-1.101mcnl and limewire-3.5.6-1jpp

Limewire will not run. Are these RPMs known to be broken or are there other configurations I need to do? I tried the RPMs because I thought they would eliminate my need to mess with the java installation instructions I have read on this forum and others. Maybe I still have to change something?

Thanks for any help...

Cmus

When I run it from a console, a window opens up that says:

"Welcome to the Limewire setup wizard. Limewire will guide you through a series of steps to configure Limewire for optimum performance."

But there are no buttons to push for continue or next or anything like that. My only option is to close the window. I think it is a Java problem, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for helping

Cmus

i ran into this with LE2005 also

i forget exactly how i got around it . and i am not sure what version the rpm installs but here is the version currently working on my LE2005 . it has an icon in the programs menu so i assume i got the rpm package to work finally ..keep bangin on it

limewire 4.8.1

java 1.4.2_07

Thanks for your help,

It seems the rpm I got from the USC urpmi mirror is broken. It is version 3.5 or something like that. I got a newer one from freshmeat (4.8) which worked straight away. Hope this post helps someone else...