bvc

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great stuff, bvc. i definitely like it. but this one is also very cool:

thx!

You think?

It's dead....not a prelight in the sucker (gtk) :rolleyes: It's an unfinished screenshot theme and not functional just like these are not functional but these are far worse and are missing a lot of port parts. Looks ok but doesn't work and therefore is broken. Njoy said he didn't have any prelight images to put into it. If that was the case, he shouldn't have made it IMO. The last few from roberTO were like that....dead. People kill good ports and get a high rating and a lot of downloads because of it's color? Meanwhile, a good, well put together theme gets bad votes simply because it's gray based :furious3: Sure it bothers me a little....that people vote based on color and not the code/function. That's the part that takes so long. Xi Freshsnow C could be a great theme with another hour or two of copying and pasting. :juggle:

[EDIT] a simple google found a windowblinds port with all the necessary images :rolleyes: ...I've sent the link to njoy for the download. Hopefully, he will finish the theme. :D

Edited by bvc

There's not a good fix.

That is a result of firefox not using gtk widgets directly (no, firefox is not a gtk browser it's an XUL app like OOo) but making it's own widget through gdk.

The only way (maybe) would be to make the entire transparent background of the button (being used instead of the actual combo button) the same as the bg [NORMAL], but then this normal background color would show up in gtk apps, like in the preferences etc...where it is in a notebook (darker background).

Almost all pixmap themes do this because almost all pixmap themes have trans borders to make them appear to be smaller widgets and add padding in the panel.

Edited by bvc

great stuff, bvc. i definitely like it. but this one is also very cool:

woah, I really hope this theme gets finished someday ^_^

well, it'll be a while if at all

njoy made the images and got a few from screenies for what you currently have. He says the wb is crap (funny because I believe they come from the source)

btw: the blue and gray is in there to ;)

and 'he may make some more pixmaps' :rolleyes:

arctic, not that bad? heh, I'd use engine themes and never see eyecandy pixmaps again to have prelight, active, and selected functionality/usability....this port feels like clicking a brick wall :beer: ...no excuse considering the images are staring you in the face

Edited by bvc

Switched to XFCE, gnome was annoying me because i couldn't edit the menu's. Yes i know there is apps out there that do it, but they are not very good! (crash happy)

Screenshot.jpeg

Will there ever be a game as good as ff6 again? I doubt it. :angry: