I'm about to install 10.2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so check this out now, i dont know if its relavent but it might be

i reinstalled it once more this time lilo with grb. i tryed booting it normally same stuff. then i tryed f1 alt f1 alt f7 to no avail then i hit esc and it brought up what i was looking for, i tryed linux noapic and linux noapic acpi=off. nothing, but when i did do the noapic option i get this

PCI: using irq router piix/icu [8086124c0] at 0000:00:1f.0

PCI: irq for device 0000:00:1f.1 dosent match pirq mask- try pci-use priq7mask

PCI:found irq 3 for device 0000:00:1f.1

PCI: share irq 3 with with 0000:00:1d.2

apm: Bios Version 1.2 flags 0x03 (driver version 1.16ac)

i hope this can speed up finding a soultion(s)

edit:i did a m5dsums and all three files were ok

Edited by bradly.lambert@gmail.com

What kind of computer are you using? Brand and model, or what is the motherboard?

Are your devices set to "auto" in the bios for irq assignment, or have you assigned irq's?

My guess at this point is your cdrom is faulty. Your emachine is standard intel stuff, which Mandriva was written for. So, if the iso's are ok, the next steps would be

1)Burn slower speed (10-12X)

2)Different media (name brand)

3)Your cdrom is flaky (new cdrom)

Just one other thing to check, in your BIOS, can you check a settings for Plug and Play OS. If it's set to OS, can this be changed to the other option, as it might be causing problems with the detection of hardware.

dont know what kind of mb, is there a prog that can tell me that or do i gota open 'er up?
the systems/hardware section of windows should tell you what mobo you are using. in linux, you can get this information e.g. using a knoppix live-cd.

My guess at this point is your cdrom is faulty. Your emachine is standard intel stuff, which Mandriva was written for. So, if the iso's are ok, the next steps would be

1)Burn slower speed (10-12X)

I agree, I'm running Mandriva oon a eMachine and it works fine, and again the slower write speeds should ensure that the images is burned correctly (e.g. I burn mine at 20x, buffer never goes below 98% and k3b gives me the thumbs up 99% of the time when I ask it to verify the cd).

Cheers

Edited by Reiver_Fluffi

for a bios upgrade sometimes you don't even need to access the bios directly. some updates come as a windows install file which can be run "normally" in windows.

if you really want to access you bios, try hitting del, backspace or F2 when you power on your computer. those are the most common keys.

1. redownload 10.2 - sucess

2. md4sums check -sucess

3. burn all cds at 16x -sucess

4. check for consistance on all -sucess

5. instalation through second cd drive -sucess

6. linux normal boot- failed(same errors)

7.boot from failsafe- failed(same errors)

im up for any ideas you guys got, if you got time i can call you and we can do this over phone, or aim or yahoo or what ever you can, i realy want to get it aleat working by wednsday. thanks for all your support

Edited by bradly.lambert@gmail.com