PHPbb vs Invisionboard

SwiftDeath

PhpBB with clean interface? Where did you see that? Mandrivalinux.hu switched to phpBB 3 a couple of weeks ago and it was anything but clean. Icons, links, boxes everywhere. Cluttered or bloated that's more what I would say about it not clean.
That quote is very old - Jun 9 2005 - long before phpBB 3 was released. The earlier versions where much cleaner, but in recent years it's gotten more like IPB and other boards. Edited by tyme

If anyone wishes to see a phpBB3 forum, go to http://forum.thinkpads.com/index.php

For the most part I like how the Invisionboard works, but adding hyperlinks is a real pain. phpBB3 does an OK job with hyperlinks, but vBulletin vBSEO 3.2.0 as used by http://windows7forums.com/ really has hyperlinks nailed. Simply copy and paste the URL in the forum post and the text for the page name is automatically added when previewed or posted. Nothing simpler than that! B)

Simply copy and paste the URL in the forum post and the text for the page name is automatically added when previewed or posted. Nothing simpler than that! B)
But, what if I want to do something like put a link in the middle of a sentence? Does it make it easy to change the text? :unsure:

But, what if I want to do something like put a link in the middle of a sentence? Does it make it easy to change the text? :unsure:

Sure, just hit the preview button, then edit the text. Example below just tested as a preview at the Window7 Forums link I posted above. I copy and pasted the post window below.

This is test 1: PHPbb vs Invisionboard - MandrivaUsers.org and how it works.

This is test 2: PHPbb vs Invisionboard - MandrivaUsers.org Edited same link with edited text.