Firefox stopped working in 10.1 Official

immoral giant

Firefox has stopped working all of a sudden, have tried rebooting to no success.

It stopped loading so i rebooted, after reboot i tried running it to which it came up with the quality feedback screen. I went through that and tried to load firefox again. But it just says its loading in the toolbar and then disappears.

Have you had any system crashes at all? Does it give any error messages?

It may be worthwhile reinstalling it, as it only takes a minute, and see if that resolves the issue.

If you know where it's currently located, remove the directory, in case there is some sort of file corruption, and then reinstall to the same location (so any existing desktop icons you've set up, are working)

Looks like I posted at the same time.

The updates you've done shouldn't have caused a problem to Firefox as such. I've managed to update my 10.1 OE without it affecting Firefox.

If you reinstalled over the top, remove the directory, so that all the files are created again from scratch. As mentioned above, reinstall to the same location, just make sure no files for Firefox exist first.

when you run mandrake/mandriva, open a console/terminal (little black monitor icon) and if you have firefox installed, type "mozilla-firefox". if there are some errors displayed in the terminal, please post them in here.

for installing firefox from a terminal (in case it ain't installed), once you have set up all mirrors using easyurpmi, type "su" to become root, then type "urpmi mozilla-firefox". will it give you any errors? if yes, please post the content, so we can take a deeper look at your problems. :)

this sounds weird. the preview is the correct one for mandriva. but it should not crash at all.. and why does the kpackager not recognize the same packages?... i will ask some linux-os-architects on this. they are dealing with kde 3.4 and packaging right now and might know an answer.

Edited by arctic