fake urpms

frozen

That would be the silliest way of spreading a virus I have ever come accross.

And there are no Linux viruses to speak of (the few that exist you will never get and nobody will try and give them to you).

The rate of update and variety of systems that exist with Linux make it virtually impossible to make a proper virus. And why bother when there are so many Windows boxes that are unsecure / easy to play with.

well, now i cannot find a mirror that actually uses keys..

even the example in the case (club-internet.fr) doesn't have them anymore...

and when I was talking about virus, it does not neccessarily mean an actual virus.. maybe some malicious script which erases everything in my home directory... :afro:

Edited by frozen

because joe_blows hacked, crap rpm repos are not on easyurpmi

Keys are useless as far as security goes, and that's a good thing to because they can be a major nuisance when pkg utils don't work properly. If keys were useful for security it would be forced upon us and would screw us when pkg utils weren't working properly.

just use well know mirrors, and you're good to go

well, now i cannot find a mirror that actually uses keys..

even the example in the case (club-internet.fr) doesn't have them anymore...

and when I was talking about virus, it does not neccessarily mean an actual virus.. maybe some malicious script which erases everything in my home directory... :afro:

The mirrors have apparently moved the keys to a different directory. Thanks for pointing it out. I have fixed the tutorial.

Frozen. You are showing signs of paranoia and looking for a problem that basically does not exist.

As the previous posters have tried to subtly tell you. Enjoy your new found freedom and move on to more important things.

Cheers. John.