Cedega trouble

I installed the cedega-4.3-1.i386.(osloskop.net).rpm on my machine, trying to emulate Virtual DJ. As i double click the icon (.exe) in the task bar it shows that 'Cedega is starting' but after a few seconds it just disappears just as it does not want to start. Any factors that could cause this? :help:

You can also visit the Cedega forums on transgaming.org and I'm sure you'll find threads by peeps who have used it with Virtual DJ.

You need to login to the forums with your transgaming account to post, but that won't be a problem since you are a subscriber, right....

[root@localhost ~]#

It just doesn't start!

That's what i get for running from console, but if i choose open with it will show in the taskbar that 'Cedega starting' but it won't , it just shows up for a few seconds and dissapear afterwards. I tried to see if other programs work, i.e. WinRAR worked fine. :help:

Edited by eur0kidu

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to Install the Microsoft Core fonts to get it running.

First of all I prefer running cedega as Root not as user. Also rpm -e the cedega version you installed and then download the Latest PointnPlay and once you have installed that, then It has option in it to Download core fonts and the Latest Cedega version from Transgaming directly...

Try that and see where you go..