le2005 club edition with kde-3.4.0

thac

le2005 club edition with kde-3.4.0 available in mandrivaclub now.

im downloading it now.

i'm running it , i'm not too crazy about the large balloons when you mouse over item's on the panel menu

last time i checked urpmi didn't have club 3.4 listed

from what i can see about this new le2005 with kde-3.4 there is lots of bugs

many of them are bugs that i already fixed in my version

and some new ones

So yer basically saying that I have just wasted 20 hrs of my time?!?!?

Could you please elaborate, maybe comparing the club edition with download in terms of bugs?

Cheers

KDE 3.4.1 is a maintenance release which provides corrections of problems reported using the KDE bug tracking system and greatly enhanced support for existing translations and new translations.

For a more detailed list of improvements since the KDE 3.4 release in April, please refer to the KDE 3.4.1 Changelog.

http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelog...g3_4to3_4_1.php

Did it fix the mdkkdm issue?

I did the urpme and urpmi, and got it working to an extent, but what I experienced was this. When I choose reboot or shutdown from within KDE, it would return to the mdkkdm screen. Then I had to click halt or shutdown for it to actually do what I wanted it to.

I don't really like xdm or gdm, so haven't bothered to install KDE 3.4 until this issue was resolved. Also, kdesysguard didn't work either, which I like to use, and another reason I didn't run it.

Currently staying with 10.1, because I couldn't get LE2005 to configure my graphics card with 3D/OpenGL. I think it might have been because of urpmi upgrade, but not sure. I've not got a CD/DVD image to try it, since my connection is only 128kbps, and would take me a week to download!

Has anybody tried the Club LE 2005 from a clean install??

Mine worked fine from an upgrade, but from a clean install KDE didn't install (worked fine as an upgrade though). Even though I checked KDE at install stage, it didn't install it, but did do Gnome etc, tried installing kde through rpmdrake, but no, errors galore there. And then upon a reboot, and trying to get into windows, It appears that the MBR got a wee bit messed up. Only way to fix was to go back to my bog standard download edition and get it to install Lilo on the MBR.

Fun and games this weekend for me,

Don't want to fuel those that moan about problems with using bleeding edge app's, but for me personally, I think I am going to stick with official releases where I can. Just my pref, not a dig at Mandriva.

Cheers

I've been running it since it came out and had very good stability with it - kate initially disappeared, but since that, no probs. Might have been just left-over junk on my /home partition. Very pleased with it.

Kristi