changing lilo background image (ugly!) [solved]

ERD

Hi Scarecrow. First parts of your statement I thoroughly endorse but the last part used to be true but not anymore.

There is a little Program that I found on Website called KDE-Apps. It is called GRUB-Splash.

I have attached them here for anyone who wants a really smart and business like splash screen for their Grub.

The html has the install details of how and where to place the app.

Put simply, start Konsole and type in kdesu konqueror. type in your root password. Konqueror will start. Close Konsole since it is no longer needed. Now while in konqueror press the / key which will open you to all directories. Go to where you have saved the app itself and click copy on it, then go to /root/grub and simply paste it in there.

Now click on menu.list while still in Grub and open it with kwrite. Add the following line just under the first couple of lines of text ........... splashimage = /boot/grub/lineart.xpm.gz .....then click on save and close out. Incredibly simple to do.

The next time you reboot you will see the new screen which is not at all glitzy and I think really looks good. Great kudos to its writer and thanks.

I hope many of you like it enough to use it.

Cheers. John.

hi! how do you change the background image shown during the lilo selection menu?

(2005 LE 2.5)

Is there a line in your /etc/lilo.conf that refers to a bitmap, bmp, or splash image? I don't know, as I use Grub, but man lilo.conf shows some info around a bitmap option that you might be able to play with.