open office 2.0 beta/rc

solarian

damnit, I just lost 15 hours of my work!!

office crashed while saving a document and in the result I got a 0 byte file out of my 20 page report!! :evilmod:

I have 6 hours to write the whole damn thing again.

wrote it a second time a few hours ago. that's a report on 4 months of my work

next thing I'm doing is uninstalling OO beta

no.. next is shower,

then I'm going to burn OO beta on to a cd and then destroy it in a very sadistic way

I've been in constant writing for the last 24 hours with not a minute off monitor

but the bug happened to me again (luckly I had backuped it all this time on three seperate documents)

OO autosaved and at the instance crashed, again made a zero byte file with no content

I can't immagine anyone writing something important on this version

suggest you stay all away as far as possible from it

..or make ninja stars out of the disks and throw them at Sun employees

Earlier betas had this problem, im running the m100 milestone atm and it doesnt seem to have this issue.

Either way, you should learn to save the document before you start, and then save frequently as you work through it. It's saved me many times in the past when an app has crashed or my battery has run out.

Oh and by the way, restart it and it should try to recover the document :) Copy paste it to somewhere else before it crashes out.

Edited by iphitus

Never had a crash with m93 and later- now running m104 on Both Mandy 2005LE and Arch 0.7+. It's no secret of course that several older m's were terribly buggy.

Of course 1.1.4 is stable, but I just cannot disergard the huge improvements in the coming 2.0 release.

Earlier betas had this problem, im running the m100 milestone atm and it doesnt seem to have this issue.

Either way, you should learn to save the document before you start, and then save frequently as you work through it. It's saved me many times in the past when an app has crashed or my battery has run out.

Oh and by the way, restart it and it should try to recover the document :) Copy paste it to somewhere else before it crashes out.

I had it saved of course! It crashed while autosaving once.

Oh, it did a recovery, just with nothing more than the title.

Edited by solarian

Ouch, the auto recovery has always worked well here.

too well, as a matter of a fact, if i shutdown the computer with OOo still running it tries to 'recover' whatever I had open, even if they were new or unchanged documents.

iphitus

best is to wait to leave OpenOffice 2.0 , I used m95, and I did not like, had an error that don't convert .doc for the native format of the OpenOffice, then I came back to 1.1.3 version and I'm happy with this version (1.1.3)

Sorry my english