Help: Menu and Menudrake inconsistency

ianalis

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I find that the menu are inconsistent as well. I added Firefox in the menu using menudrake, click save. OK, it's' on there as I can see it when it's done updating. Then I logout and relog-in. it's gone. and sometime if I got lucky, Firefox icon appears.

I think it's a glitch with Gnome or something therefore I don't rely much on that menu. I am with LE2005. I don't know if it's like that in 10.1 though.

Edited by thinhla

Hello, ianalis.

I'm not sure what you really want to do, do you want to make user's menu to be consistent with system menu? Or make the user have his/her own menu different to the system menu?

If you want to do the previous, you may:

1. Delete ~/.config, ~/.local, and ~/.menu-updates.stamp

2. If you've set update-menus in ~/.bashrc or ~/.kde/Autostart/, delete them all.

3. Keep ~/.menu, do not delete or rename it!

Always configure and update the system menu from Mandrake Control Center. Now the user's menu should be consistent with system menu.

If you want to do the latter, you don't have to delete ~/.config, ~/.local, and ~/.menu-updates.stamp. But remember to add update-menus in ~/.bashrc or ~/.kde/Autostart/. And always configure and update the menus from this user.

*: If you use KDE, make a link of update-menus in ~/.kde/Autostart. If you use other DE/WM, edit ~/.bashrc and add update-menus.