How powerful is Mandriva?

Mandriva-user

How power full is Mandriva is more powerful any OS? B)

[moved from Talk-Talk by spinynorman]

That's an almost impossible question to answer. There are so many interpretations of that question, that I wouldn't no where to begin. If you simply mean in terms of raw speed, no, it is most deffinatly not the most powerful OS out there.

It is reasonably stable, reasonably fast, and in my opinion, is a wonderful compromise betweent he two. There's a lot of easy to install software using the built in package manager, good config tools for those not expertly skilled with linux, and a friendly feal, without being overly friendly, like lycoris or Linspire.

Why don't you ask about the specific terms of power you are concerned with, then I can answer you directly.

I'd say Mandriva is quite powerful, whilst most other distros are somewhat powerful. Windows, of course, is slightly powerful and Macs are a bit powerful.

I think that clears it up.

Mandriva may know where your children play, but it segfaults when trying to work out what you did last summer.

I'd say Mandriva is quite powerful, whilst most other distros are somewhat powerful.  Windows, of course, is slightly powerful and Macs are a bit powerful.

I think that clears it up.

Mandriva may know where your children play, but it segfaults when trying to work out what you did last summer.

That is amazingly meaningless, and this whole thread is totally meaningless.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=define%3...:en-US:official

power is a varied term, you need to justify how you are using it.

• 2 weeks later...

I used mandrake from 8.0 on. When the game City of Heroes came out a year ago, I switched back to windows to be able to play with my friends (winex ran it horribly when it first came out). Mandriva 2005 let me come back to linux. I cannot say how impressed I have been with this latest release. It is incredibly powerful.

• 3 months later...

An aside.

Hello adamw. Where have you been ??? I've been missing your highly informative posts. I'm delighted to see you posting again. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Mandriva is powerful. How powerful ? So powerful that it stripped all the hair from my head as it hit the sonic boom. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :D :D :D

Cheers. John.

An aside.

Hello adamw. Where have you been ??? I've been missing your highly informative posts.  I'm delighted to see you posting again. :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Mandriva is powerful. How powerful ? So powerful that it stripped all the hair from my head as it hit the sonic boom. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :D  :D  :D

Cheers.                            John.

Erm John, not meaning to be rude or anything mate, but that post of Adam's was made about four months ago.