Superkaramba + liquid weather - Help Please!

photoworks

i have updated to mandriva 2005 LE, and tonight when i logged on to my normal user, here what happens :

when i launch Superkaramba and open liquid weather, the theme is displayed but there are no iconds displayed.

I :help: tried to uninstal et reinstall Super Karamba and it is the same problem.

However, when i log in root and i launch it, it works fine. does anyone knows what is the issue ?

:help::help::help:

I have found a newest version of Super karamba (0.36) and i downloaded Liquid Weather 6.0.

This is suppose to work, but when i launch the them, it does not display it or superkaramba crashes.

Any help please !!!! I am desperate to find a solution to this issues.

When i run superkaramba from the console and then launch Liquid weather, here what it tells me :

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>

Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

'import site' failed; use -v for traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/share/themes/kde themes/liquid_weather_plus/liquid_weather.py", line 13, in ?

import os

ImportError: No module named os

------------------------------------------------------

What does ImportError mean?

It means that I couldn't load a python add-on for liquid_weather.theme

If this is a regular theme and doesn't use python

extensions, then nothing is wrong.

------------------------------------------------------

A default mandriva install creates a seperate /home partition. If you have that (and keep all your user data in /home) during the install choose 'install on existing partitions' and 'format /' (not format /home. You need to know the partition names (hdaX or hdbX or whatevert as the installer doesn't say / or /home :) ).

Good luck.

Actually, you need to install the latest Python Libraries and recompile sukeramba from the source package. It appears the binary version of superkaramba you're running was not compiled with the python version currently on your PC. Download libpython and any dependancies (urpmi) then recompile superkaramba from the sourcepackage. Delete the liquidweather .theme file in your./kde superkaramba directory and then reload the LW theme once you get superkaramba installed and running. Then the eye candy should magically return.

Edited by guppetto