Mandriva 2005 LE Install Success Story

zenarcher

I've been running Mandrake 10.1 PowerPack, but decided to get the new Mandriva 2005 LE (6 CD Set) and give it a try. It arrived yesterday and rather than upgrading, I did a clean install. I just thought I'd like to say that everything installed perfectly, the very first time! Looking through the available applications, I'm really impressed! Much more than with 10.1 and many of the applications I have been using in 10.1 are nicely improved. All hardware was recognized during the install, including my HP multi-function printer. Didn't even have to go back and install it later. I'm really happy I decided to order 2005 LE.

I might add that I'm very new to Linux and Mandrake, really. I've been using it for about 4 months, so am not very proficient, yet. I'll also say I'm in the senior citizen age group and you can learn new things, even then! I had worked with MS from MS DOS 5.0 through Windows XP and I'd never go back!

I'm trying to set up a software SATA RAID array, using mdadm, but not successful there, yet. I have managed to create the RAID0 array, but doing something wrong, when I go to move...as I lose my entire system. Well, I'll get some help on that, eventually.

System: Custom built by me

AMD XP3000+

1 GHz PC2700 RAM

2 - 80GB SATA hard drives

MSI KT6V motherboard

Nvidia FX5200 Video Card

Next step is to replace the motherboard and processor with an AMD 64 bit!

zenarcher