Unreal Tournament

Guest spiderman

Guest spiderman

I want to install this in linux, but I can't seem to find my cd, is there any way I can copy my windows installation over and not need wine to play it. I need some executable files probably right? But, shouldn't all the data files be the same? Any ideas?

Guest joehill

can you see your Windows partition? if so, yup, just copy over any data files you need for the Linux installation.

the executable will most likely come from the Linux installer, but I am basing that on my experience with Quake, not UT.

I believe this tutorial is what you may want to read.

Guest spiderman

I can see my windows partition fine, but since I can't find my cd's I can't get the executables from the installer. I've had ut installed in linux before, but I had the cd's then. I guess what I'm wondering is, is there a way to get the executables from the installer without the cd's or could someone provide me with the executables from their linux install?

This shouldn't be considered piracy should it, because I do own the cd's and I don't need any of the data files?

but thanks for the ideas joehill, I'll play with it some more.

Guest joehill
I can see my windows partition fine, but since I can't find my cd's I can't get the executables from the installer.  I've had ut installed in linux before, but I had the cd's then.  I guess what I'm wondering is, is there a way to get the executables from the installer without the cd's or could someone provide me with the executables from their linux install?

This shouldn't be considered piracy should it, because I do own the cd's and I don't need any of the data files?

but thanks for the ideas joehill, I'll play with it some more.

the installation executables on the cd were for Linux? If not, the link i posted will guide you as to where to get the installation executables for Linux.

and then all you need are the data files.

The installer should be a file ending in .run if it is for Linux.

Guest spiderman

thanks for the help joehill. I couldn't quite figure it out, but I found my cd's last night, so I can play in linux again. Anyway... Now I just gotta go buy UT 2003, and give that a whirl, the demo was awesome.