LPI certification

I_NEED_HELP

Hi im thinking about doing some kind of certification in linux as far as i can see where i am in the u.k. i have two choices RHCE, or LPI certification.

I was wondering which one people could suggest at the moment i am leaning towards the lpi certification as it is not specific to a certain distro as far as im aware.

Also what can i expect from the exam, ive been discussing it with some of my lecturers who are taking the LPI certificate and they say it is quite difficult.

Just wanted your opinions, before i commit to a choice.

Following an LPi course at work (IBM). I didn't choose between it and the RHCE it's just free :)

The material isn't that hard - but there's quite a lot of it. So I'd guess the exams could be difficult enough. (Two exams as far as I know: 101 and 102 I think).

It tends to be based on rpm based distros. But a lot of the material would apply to any distro.

There are books available for each course why not see if you can beg borrow or steal some and take a look and see if there is much difference and which appeals to you more?

Good luck whatever you decide to do.