how to install mandrake on a laptop with cd-rom

rdoggsv

hello all once again here i am asking for your help :drum:

ok so i have mandrake on a dvd its the powerpack 10.1 version, and i have a laptop and since mandrake its really nice on my desktop pc i want to install it on the laptop.

what do i need to do to get the installation process done ? i was thinking maybe i dont need all the rpms because the laptop will be for office like use :D

thanx and i hope i dont need to get the cd version :lol:

Can't you download at least CD1 to start the installation and then later update over the network with the DVD ?

I don't know if Mandriva allows this, but you could also set up an FTP server your other machine, map the DVD and start a Network install.

Just 2 :idea2:

I had a similar situation for thinking of upgrading 10.0 to 10.1. I thought about using ssh, and then setting up a urpmi to point through the network to my dvd-rom drive in the other machine.

Not sure if this is feasible or not!

I had a similar situation for thinking of upgrading 10.0 to 10.1.  I thought about using ssh, and then setting up a urpmi to point through the network to my dvd-rom drive in the other machine.

Not sure if this is feasible or not!

Could be doable but then you need at least some version of Mandrake running on the machine.

ok that is an option but the thing is that the dvd is the powerpack version , and i payed the download , now i have to find some place to download the powerpack cd 1 and dont think thats gonna be easy :D , but thanks you are rite i can do it over the network