Homepage: http://www.popcap.com/launchpage.php?theGa...okworm&src=big8

License: commercial, free to play online

Latest Version: -

Screenshots: http://www.popcap.com/images/bookworm/ss_two.jpg

Platform: any platform with Internet access and Javascript+java support

Hardware Requirement: -

Additional System Requirements: Java

Singleplayer: Yes

Multiplayer: no (although a friend looking over your shoulder may help)

Demo: windows only, but online version is free

Description: Link letters and create words to feed the hungry, hungry Bookworm! But watch out for fiery red letters... they’ll burn your library down! It’s vocabulariffic!

Notes: This is an online Java game, the offline version is windows only. English language only. The dictionnary is not 100% complete and will reject some valid words and accept some questionnable ones.

Reviews: very addictive, too bad there isn't an offline linux version, the windows version allows you to save a game to continue play later.

Related websites: www.popcap.com has a lot of puzzle games available for online play. I may post others that I like but I have not tried all of them.

Added by: papaschtroumpf

Jools

Category: Puzzle

Homepage: Jools Homepage

License: GPL

Latest Version: 0.20

Screenshots: Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2, Screenshot 3.

Platform: Python-based

Hardware Requirement: Tested in Duron 800Mhz with 256MB Ram

Additional System Requirements: -

Singleplayer: Yes

Multiplayer: None

Demo: Freeware

Description: A clone of the Bejeweled game from www.popcap.com. These type of games are considered as "Mines games."

Notes:

* Requires pygame to be installed.

Reviews:

* Captures the gameplay of bejeweled.

* Click-dragging jewels requires some trial and error.

* Music pack is now available in the website

* Does not have a *hint* functionality.

* Excellent time blackhole.

Related websites: Gweled

Added by: ramfree17

Pingus

Category: Puzzle

Homepage: Pingus

License: GPL

Latest Version: 0.6.0

Screenshots: Screenshot 1 # Screenshot 2 # Screenshot 3 # Screenshot 4 # Screenshot 5 # Screenshot 6.

Platform: Linux.

Hardware Requirement: -

Additional System Requirements: Hermes # ClanLib.

Singleplayer: yes

Multiplayer: no

Demo: N/A

Description: Pingus is a clone of the popular Lemmings game. The concept of Pingus is simple: save as many Tux-like pingus as possible. You'll have to make the pingus climb, dig, parachute, and block toward the exit in your quest for pingu salvation. Pingus has tons of worlds with jungle, space, and Christmas themes, detailed backdrops, and tons of animated cuteness. While Pingus is based on the idea of Lemmingstm, it has included some other ideas, which weren't presented in the original Lemmingstm, like the worldmap or secret levels, which might be familiar from games the Super Mario World and other Nintendo games. We have also a few new actions, like the jumper which weren't presented in the original game

Notes: I was able to install from for the MCC "Add software" but I do have a few "non-official" sources like plf, so I'm not sure if it's part of the official urpmi repositories. Try it that way first if you're uncomfortable installing from source

Reviews: graphically pleasing. If you like Lemmings you should like Pingus.

Related websites: -

Added by: papaschtroumpf