If Mandriva detects your hardware but doesn't work

Guest peristalsis

Guest peristalsis

Well I was having a hard time with Mandriva because it was detecting my hardware but nothing would work. I looked around the forum for people with my same hardware and I tried everything but nothing worked. One thing that did work though was typing linux noapic when installing. Right now I'm typing this from Mandriva and right now I'm loving it! Previous to this the only distro that worked for me was Knoppix and after a while I just started using Windows. When I saw Mandriva I thought it seemed nice and usable (what kept me from using Linux was having a hard time with hardware detection). Everything is working fine at the moment. Well, I just wanted to post a noob success story haha and who knows maybe this simple thing will help someone.

IMHO, this is something mandrake should place right at the entry to the install as an option.

Something like:

If you are having troubles with hardware detection and installation, press F2 to install with the NOAPIC option.