Video game console emulators/websites

Hello,

I was wondering that if there's a program out there or any program that allows me to emulate an acutal video gaming console such as Sega Genesis, Game Gear, NES, SNES, Atari, etc and so on. I have a Pentium 4 Computer System and I'm dual booting with Windoze XP Pro and Mandriva Linux 10.2.

I also want to know that is there any websites you people suggest on downloading games that is actually based on these gaming consoles couple years back. Is there a "Universal" program that allows me to emulate these video gaming consoles listed above?

Have one of your Mandriva (aka Mandrake) users have done that practice before? If so, how do you like it? What are some of the things that I show know about emulating a video game console on my system?

Shall you have any questions, comments and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to do so. Thank you.

Moved from Games Forum to Emulation Forum - Artificial Intelligence

• 4 weeks later...

Well, there are no universal emulators that I know of except for MAME, which emulates the Arcade systems.

I highly suggest you the Linux version of ZSNES. Be sure to run it in OpenGL mode if you have accelerated graphics drivers. You can find ZSNES RPM's on any of the major rpm sites.

I highly suggest you try SNES and/or Genesis emulation if your national/local laws permit you to do so.

Console Emulation is very simple to work with, all you need to do is download the ROMs and run them from your emulator.

I also want to know that is there any websites you people suggest on downloading games that is actually based on these gaming consoles couple years back.

Well, that's something you'll have to figure out. You're on your own there. Just do a google or yahoo search on Emulation or ROMs, of course adding the desired system at the end, and that should give you sites for it. Be careful which sites you go to though, not all of them are friendly.

Edited by Lärs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, well thanks for the link. The only emulators that would run on the Linux platform that I knew about were hosted on Zophar's Domain. However there seems to be many more, thank you for the link :headbang:

I hope this helps fortify your decision, mada726.

Edited by Lärs