Hardware Firewall Error

ianw1974

I know this probably isn't quite Linux in the normal sense, but wondered if someone might be able to help if they have had experience with them.

My hardware firewall, runs Linux Coldfire.

If I use Windows on my machine, there's no problems whatsoever. If however, I boot and use Linux, I then get the following error message on the firewall:

May 08 16:44:14 boa[31]: Error opening /home/httpd/not_really_there/favicon.ico for 10.1.1.3: No such file or directory

I normally configure by browser, but I opened a telnet connection, and found that the directory "not_really_there" doesn't exist, and of course, neither does the file "favicon.ico".

I'm wondering how I could get rid of the error message. I know I could just ignore it, but there are so many errors logged, it makes sense to clear it, so that I can monitor the more "interesting" stuff.

I had an idea of mounting in read/write so that I could create the directory and a zero byte file. That would stop the error generating I think.

The only thing is I don't know how to mount it. It's all ROM or RAM based and assume all the directory config such as the OS will be in ROM, meaning I'll not be able to do it?

Or can I? Hmmmmmmm :wall:

I spoke to the support people, and they say there's nothing you can do about it. I mentioned being able to create the directory and zero byte file, but they said they couldn't comment on this!

Guess will have to live with the error! Solved I guess :P