Netscape 7.01

Steve Scrimpshire

Yes, I run ICQ and AIM and MSN Messenger in Gaim all the time, too, but I don't think this plugin in Netscape can run two instances at once. As for leaving Netscape back in Windows....I never used Netscape in Windows, I used/use IE, but out of all the browsers offered on the Linux platform that I have tried, I like Netscape 6/7. It's faster (never thought I'd say that about Netscrap) and has the features I want out of all the browsers I have tried (Galeon, Konqueror, Opera...I even like it better than regular ol' Mozilla).

Ahh, ok. Sorry, I overlooked your comment that tied the usage to the plugin.

The highest version of Netscape I have used is 4.7. I never tried anything higher than that so I have not seen how they compare to others. I used Netscape exclusively in Windows forseveral years. Even way back when I was on AOHell I ran Netscape on top of it because I didn't like their browser.

I was never unhappy with Netscape. It's just that Opera came along and it was love at first sight. :)

Well, I didn't take offense to anything you said, and I hope you didn't take offense to my reply. I don't like Opera, because (a) it's slow and (B) there's a javascript (overlib, I think) that drives Opera crazy. If I run my mouse over it, the window I am currently in shooooooooooooots to the far left of the screen and I have to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag it back. Happens alot and is annoying. I wrote to them about it.

As far as offense; of course not. :)

Interesting.... nothing else that I have ever browsed with even approaches Opera's speed. I wonder if your speed problems were tied to that java problem? I have not experienced that particular problem with java. But, they finally fixed java in version 6.1. Java didn't work right in previous versions. At least in 6.03.