OpenGL Issues

ianw1974

Currently using MDK 10.1 Official, and am finding that certain software doesn't run. I've noticed the link to this is that they rely on OpenGL.

I have ensured that the Mesa software installed, although I still find that I cannot run any prog that requires OpenGL.

Any ideas as to why they won't run?

Brief list of software:

Crack Attack

FooBilliard

Any OpenGL Screensaver

xtraceroute

xrefresh (not sure if this relies on OpenGL or not, but it doesn't run anyway)

There may also be others that I've not come across.

Help v much appreciated!

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

It is an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Controller. When I installed MDK 10.1 it did ask me to configure it, and I chose Intel 85x from the list, although these are probably generic ones rather than the specific ones from Intel's website.

I'll download the ones from Intel and see how I get on, if this is the way forward?!?

I downloaded the RPM, and installed it, however, the drivers haven't updated. I've been into the harddrake config tool, and it isn't being listed.

The rpm, created a file in /usr/X11R6/dripkg which is a tar.gz. I extracted, and then assumed to run the install.sh file, however it fails saying that a component is missing. I don't think it lists the component, although it mentions "ed" at the end of the line. Maybe this is the component?!?

So, I installed ed, and also the kernel-source too, and then ran and have got the driver installed.

I also edited the /etc/X11/XF86Config file so that it has the following:

Section "DRI"

Mode 0666

EndSection

However, I still don't seem to be able to select I915 from anywhere when running harddrake?

Edited by ianw1974

Think I've resolved this now. First, I reconfigured the graphics card in harddrake to the Intel 85x as it was before, and ensured the Xorg and 3D Accellerated was selected.

Some of the OpenGL progs I mentioned above started to work, some didn't.

I then removed "xscreensavers" which seemed to resolve the problem for all the other apps.

I've still not figured out how to get the updated drivers working for the Intel card, however, I have also just upgraded to the latest version of Xorg to see if that would make things any easier.